Carpal tunnel syndrome is not an uncommon condition which is usually manifested in people who have hit the 30 years old mark. Unfortunately, the condition combines a few unpleasant problems in your hand including weakness, tingling, and numbness. They are caused as a result of an increased pressure on the specific median nerve which is located right within your wrist. This particular nerve, alongside a few other tendons come from the forearm into the arm through a small tunnel which is regarded as the carpal tunnel, hence the name.
Unfortunately, there are quite a lot of people who suffer from this particular condition. With this in mind, it’s also worth noting that timely treatment is capable of relieving the symptoms effectively but the majority of patients aren’t actually aware that they suffer from the syndrome. That’s why we have taken the liberty of enlisting a few common symptoms that you can look out for if you want to determine whether or not that’s a syndrome you are suffering from.
Watch out for These Symptoms
Some of the most characteristic carpal tunnel symptoms include:
- Occasional radiating pain in your forearm localized between your wrist and your elbow
- Stiffness localized in your fingers especially early in the morning when you get up
- Tingling, numbness as well as the popular “pins-and-needles” feeling. It’s as if your hand is actually falling asleep.
- Numbness in your forearm or pain which is strong enough to wake you up in the middle of the night.
Of course, it’s worth noting that these are just some of the most commonly reported symptoms and there are many more which may be indicative. However, if you are experiencing any of the above, you should definitely consider following up with a specialist.
What Causes Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
In order to be able to get through the condition, you’d have to identify its cause. With this in mind, we’ve taken the liberty of providing you with the most common reasons for which carpal tunnel syndrome would take place. They include:
- Rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes or hypothyroidism
- Conducting repetitive hand movements for a prolonged period of time
So, if you identify yourself with some of the symptoms and you fall within any of the aforementioned causes, you might want to take yourself looked at. You can take advantage of our Las Vegas Carpal Tunnel Syndrome treatments if you want to ensure prominent and effective results in a timely manner.